Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Don't Wing It Wednesday #2

O.k., I'm a bit behind due to an emergency subbing job at the school and an impromptu lunch invite, so I'm going to dive right in there today. It's Wednesday, so we're working on our "Don't Wing It" for the holidays.

I've gotten quite a bit of work done for my holiday planner. I was able to make up new versions of my planning pages on my laptop and get them printed. For those of you who don't want to fuss on your own, (I admit to being a control freak when it comes to these things!) I have some links for Thanksgiving planners that are FREE!

 Another 1 pager
A Disney 1 pager with pilgrim Mickey and Minnie

As soon as I'm able to, I'm going to try to get my planning sheets into PDF form so that I can share them. If that doesn't work, I'll at least be able to show pics so that you can get an idea of what they look like if you would like to make your own.

Yesterday I was able to play  work on the Thanksgiving lap book. Here are some links that I used for materials, including some actual lap book materials put together for you, all for free.


Alright, so for our family's Thanksgiving, we actually get 3 (yes, THREE!!) feasts. One on Thurs. with Mama's side of the family, put on by my lovely older sister. Next up is Daddy's side of the family on Friday, which I put on at our home. And then we head up north to my aunt's for my mother's side of the family. (Luckily Aunt Audrey always does a ham in addition to a turkey, because by that time my DH and I are just about sick of turkey!) So I will be making something for each of the feasts we will be attending, plus putting on a meal. I plan on making as much ahead of time as I can. I also usually keep my meal as simple and fuss free as possible. I'll be sharing my actual menu and some tips soon.

For ways to celebrate thankfulness and gratitude, I was going to make a wreath in which we filled with leaves and acorns made of paper that we wrote what we are thankful for on. Then I found this adorable poster. Very cute and simple, it makes this Mama happy! We started a new dinner time tradition, as well. Just before we say grace, I light a tea candle in a pretty holder, the Busy Bear says grace and then thanks the Lord for something that they are thankful for that day. When they are done eating, they get to blow the candle out.

I still have more to share, so be sure to check back soon!
Blessings,
Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment