Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just A Quick Update!

Happy Wednesday, all! I just wanted to give a quick update to let you know what I've been up to so you have an idea on what some future posts will be on!

I'm working at the school today, so not much is happening in the housework department. I am going to get the kids rooms dusted and vacuumed, and our bed made with fresh linens. (We had a bit of a communication breakdown this morning between Teddy Bear and I, which resulted in my bed being stripped, but we needed a change in bedding anyways!) Wheels also has a soccer practice late this afternoon, so I'll be one whipped Mama by days end!

Yesterday I pulled out a few fall decorations, including the kids' favorite; a fiber optic scarecrow that changes color. After I made the kids' lunches this morning, I turned to see that the scarecrow was on. I knew I had turned it off last night, so I looked at Wheels and asked if someone had turned it on this morning. "I did! It's so cool, Mama, I wanted to see it again!" he replied. I love when I can find things like that that the children enjoy. I also worked on our Family Faith Wall. I need to get some scripture typed and printed to frame, I still have our scriptures from Lent/Easter up! Definitely time for a seasonal update! (If you're not sure what my Family Faith Wall is, you can go here and here to see what I did for Lent and Easter. I change out the pictures and other decorations according to the seasons and holidays.) I'll be sharing this soon, as well as some crafts I would like to do with the kiddos.

Last night me D.H. cut a doorway from the original run to the run addition, where the grass had grown back. We had some very happy chickens, as this gives them more room and they can get fresh grass without free ranging. I've been a bit nervous about letting them out because we have a large hawk patrolling our property. I've seen him (her?) flying by twice, and I have the feeling that it wouldn't matter if there was a human out on the lawn with the chickens or not, if it was hungry, one of our chickees would be on the menu.

That's all for now! I hope you have a wonderful day, and hope to be back soon.
Blessings,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Blessings to you as well....will check out your Family Faith Wall.

    Thanks for posting.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete