Monday, August 22, 2011

Back In The Saddle Again!

Happy Monday friends! After a very long week last week, I'm looking forward to what is in store for us this week! We only have nine days before school starts, and the house is a bit messy after returning from our camping this weekend. I had a wonderful time at our church's Women's Retreat Friday night and Saturday, then my family joined me for camping late Saturday afternoon. Yesterday we woke up early, broke up camp and packed up so we could boogie home to get ready for our church's special baptism service and a cook out.

For today's post I'm just going to give some highlights of our week last week, and what is on the to-do list for this week.
  • I canned 9 pints of green bush beans for the first time ever on Thursday! My Mom was a BIG help with this project. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any more canning done this year or not, but I would really like to.
  • What I thought was a sinus infection last Monday was actually due to an abscessed tooth, so today I'm having that tooth pulled. Please be praying for me that all goes well.
  • My darling husband was able to get some work done down in the cellar this week.
For the coming week:
  • We will be putting the kids to bed at their school year bedtime of 7:30 and waking them up at 6am in the morning. 6 am is a little later than when they need to be up, but I'll make it earlier next week.
  • I'll be helping the kiddos go through their bureaus to weed out clothes and take inventory of what they might need to start school.
  • The kids and I will be divvying up the school supplies and getting them into their backpacks.
  • I'll be taking inventory of the freezers and pantry to make up menus for the next week or 2
  • The kids and I will go over breakfast and lunch choices for the school week.
  • I'm hoping to get ahead in the baking department; I missed this Saturday, so I have some very large zucchinis that need to be shredded for zucchini bread.
  • I need to get caught up on laundry!!!!
  • I need to make up and print out new morning checklists for both the kids and I for the school year. I'm adding in the chickens to my to-do list and the kiddos need some personal grooming items added into theirs. I'm also considering having them take on more of their snack/lunch packing for school days.
That's all I can think of for now! I will be sharing more about my canning adventure later this week, as well as sharing some of my school year planning. I have some tricks and hints to making mornings smoother for those of us that have kiddos headed out to school, as well as us Mamas planning our time while they are away for the day. I'll be using my homemaking notebook for this.
Well, I hope you all have a great Monday and hope to be back soon!
Blessings,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Wow! And I thought ME getting up at 6 to get my son up at 6:30 was early! ugh. :/

    ReplyDelete