Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday's Tips and To-Dos

Good Tuesday to all! This post has been rumbling around in my head since Monday morning! Despite what it says on the calendar, Spring was in hiding yesterday. Despite the snow and wind, (or perhaps due to) my thoughts were turned to spring cleaning, meal preparation, and menu making.

The spring cleaning was due in part to this blog post. So in between cleaning the kitchen and switching laundry over, I decided to search out some more spring cleaning/organizing tips for my self and I wasn't disapointed! Here are some of the links and sites:




You can also check out the links to the right, under "Helpful Links for Moms".  You could search topics on Tipnut that you need help on, and recipes for homemade cleaners, linen sprays and even laundry detergent! ( I make my own, and it is well worth the little bit of time to make!) Flylady also has some great tips and ideas, although I haven't subscribed to her way of doing things.

Now, Mondays are my Women's Bible Study days, but I was home with Wheels, because he was recooperating from an attack of the stomach bug. Monday is also the day that I get the kitchen ready for Tuesday, which is grocery shopping/errand day That got me thinking about the kitchen, food prep. and meal planning. I need to seriously reconsider how I have things stored in the kitchen and pantry. And I REALLY need to be better about planning a weekly menu. So again I went to the internet and found these links:





 This got me thinking about my weekly menu. Here's what I have so far:
  • Monday: We won't talk about that night's dinner!
  • Tuesday: baked garlic & herb chicken breasts, baked potatoes, canned corn, grapes and blueberries for fruit
  • Wednesda: Italian sausage, spaghetti, broccoli, strawberries and grapes for fruit, tossed salad
  • Thursday: pulled BBQ pork sandwiches on garlic bread, fruit salad, green beans and tossed salad (the BBQ pork will be cooking in the crock pot)

Well, that's it for today! I nearly forgot about parent'teacher conferences tonight, so it's a short night for blogging! Have a great evening and many blessings!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment