Friday, March 25, 2011

A Lovely (if frantic!) Friday!



Happy Friday! So far it is clear skies, and despite the light dusting of snow, it feels more like spring! The birds are singing and some of our feathered friends have returned from their trip south. Monday morning I saw a red winged black bird in one of our trees, Wednesday Princess pointed out 2 robins on the front yard and this morning we saw a small wedge of geese! Winter may still have it's grasp on us, but it's loosening by the day.

Well, Friday at our house means clean bedrooms! The kids strip their beds before going to school  and the washer gets started shortly after so that there are clean linens to put back on! The kiddos also have to have everything picked up off the floor (and hopefully put in the proper place!) so that Mama can dust and vacuum. Some Fridays I spend a few minutes tidying up their bureau drawers, but for the most part, I'm letting them take on the putting away of their own laundry. I usually set the timer for about 15-20 minutes for me to be in each bedroom (the boys share a room) or else I'd spend the whole day upstairs cleaning and organizing! The upstairs hall gets dusted and vacuumed as well. Then on to Mama and Daddy's room. I'm looking forward to warmer temperatures so that pillows and comforters can be aired out on the deck. There is nothing like slipping between sweet smelling sheets on a Friday night, after a long and hectic week.  Unless of course you have a pint of Ben & Jerry's before sleeping off the peaceful sleep!

So, has anyone else put any thought into spring cleaning? I've been thinking of it often, making a mental list of things that need to be done (it would be easier to make a list of things that don't need to done!) and working on revamping my planning system. I was going to dedicate this week to evaluating and planning spring cleaning, but that seemed to get shoved aside when we came under attack of the stomach virus again!

Speaking of revamping my planning system, I've been meaning to finish up my posts on my home keeping notebook, but I have been working on it and re-evaluating it. As soon as it is done, I'll post it. The trick to keeping a home keeping notebook ( or any organization system) is finding what works for you. If it doesn't work, you won't use it and things will fall to chaos once more! Research, put some time into planning and be flexible when it comes to an organization/planning system.

Time to get going! There's laundry to wash, floors to vacuum and errand to run! Wishing you a lovely Friday full of sunshine and birdsong!
Blessings,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment