Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Favorite Season!

Hello again! The good Lord has blessed us with another beautiful autumn day here in Vermont. We've been able to enjoy quite a run of them and I'm thankful for the sunshine and blue skies. Fall is my favorite season. I've always loved the back to school rush, the glorious riot of autumn leaves and all of the events that take place. The holidays are fast approaching and baking at our house is in full earnest every Saturday morning!

Last night I made a batch of spiced maple applesauce in the crock pot. My daughter likes to take it for snack at school, and we like to have it with our dinner. This morning the same crock pot is going with Harvest Chicken Soup ( a recipe I made up) for my lunches. I'll let you know how it turns out! I love baking and cooking with natures bounty. Apples, pumpkins, zucchini. I've made breads, muffins, sauces, side dishes and main courses with them! I hope to share some of my favorite recipes in coming posts.

In anticipation of the holidays, I have started a Holiday Planner. I've used ideas from on-line sites and other blogs to make it. I've really enjoyed working on it and feel at peace when I think of the holidays. Of course, I remember that I can plan all I want to, the Lord might have other ideas in store for me!

Today, I encourage you to think about what your favorite thing about this season is and praise God for it! Maybe have a juicy, crisp apple for a snack or light a pumpkin spice candle to enjoy as you go about the day. I'm off to run errands and grocery shop! Come back soon!

Blessings,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment