Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Gettin' My Craft On!

Well, I've been meaning to write this post for a while, but in a way I'm glad it's taken me longer because I have more to show you! After 20 years of not having picked up a crochet hook, my Mom refreshed my memory, and I've been hooking my little heart out! To date I have made 4 scarves, 3 Kindle covers, a mug cozy, headband, cell phone cover, dish scrubby, 2 dish cloths, and more. Most of these are Christmas gifts. I am so excited to have relearned this!!
A scarf. This one isn't finished, I have details I want to add to it.

A Christmas set of table runner, dish cloth, dish scrubby and dish soap cozy.

A scarf-ette and headband. I have to add some buttons and make a set of hand warmers
to complete the ensemble.

A Kindle cover and mug cozy. Have to add the button to the mug cozy and I
am trying to think of what else to make to go with these. Any ideas?

Now, I'm not that prolific yet. I can really only do single crochet, sometimes I'll bust out a double if I feel adventurous for a row or 2, but I don't think I've done too bad so far. And I really am excited to be giving these to my loved ones. I usually sew gifts, but I don't have a space dedicated to sewing, so by the time I get every thing dragged out and situated, nearly half of my time is used up. I truly have to plan my sewing time. With crocheting, however, I can do it whenever, where ever. So I'm ahead on my Christmas gifts this year, and that is awesome!
I did some sewing back it late October, including this Thanksgiving table runner.
That's our one lonely pumpkin from our garden this year!

A Kindle cover for my Mom.

These are fleece hand warmer mitts that I made a friend for her birthday. I made little rice bags
that she can microwave and then place in the pockets of the mitts.

Some double sided little table runners for the end tables in our living room.

A double sided table runner for the coffee table.
Today I'm hoping to look through my craft items because I'd like to start making some ornaments with the kiddos to give as Christmas presents. I've got some cute ideas, and I'll share those soon. I'd really like to have a crafting night or 2 every week with them, but we'll see how it goes. Princess will be all for it, but I don't know about my boys!

That's all for now. I have house work and errands to get to. Have a wonderful day friends!
Many Blessings,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment