Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Introducing: Back To School 2012


It's that time of year again.Whether they send their kiddos off on a bus every morning or home school, Mama's all across the country are gearing up for the coming school year; checking sales circulars for pencil prices, trying to get their off-spring to bed a little bit closer to school year bedtime, wondering what the coming school year will bring. And if they are anything like me, trying to get themselves out of bed closer to the school year weekday morning time!

I have always loved the back-to-school time of year. Deep down I think it's the brand new school supplies at low prices that set me off. I admit that I've always had a think for notebooks, folders, binders, papers and pens. It started as a young child. I remember grabbing handfuls of deposit and withdrawal slips at the bank every time we went. And the post office had forms, too, I think. And don't even get me started on going to the office supply store......................................... Anywhooo, I digress. I believe it's also just that it's a fresh start, a clean slate, a new horizon.

With that in mind, I am resolving that this will be a different school year for this mama. Last year was probably the worst for me when it came to be organized and on top of things. I used to be the type of mom that would get the permission slips, etc. filled out as soon as I got them, wrote the dates on the calendar immediately and so on. Not so last year. I vow to not get lax this year. Also, back to school for the kiddos means back to work for Mama. I sub at their school and another area elementary school. I was very fortunate that last year most of my work days were schedule ahead of tie, so it was easy to plan dinner, house work and child care if needed. But I still found myself frazzled or just plain exhausted when it was time to make dinner. And inner time is important to me. (And not because I get to eat!)

So, this year I have goals and I am going to plan, plan, plan! I will have healthy breakfast and lunch items for both the children and I. (And Daddy, too, hopefully!) And making dinner will not be a mad dash of "I know this isn't very healthy, but we HAVE to eat something, I'll just throw some breaded chicken strips and tater tots in the oven." ! I will keep on top of field trip slips, special events at the school, volunteer dates and so on. I will also keep up on the school lunch accounts! I will not allow my children to dig through baskets of clean laundry to find socks or underwear every morning. No sirree, my children's laundry will be folded and put away, waiting for them to grab and put into service!

Every day for next few weeks I will be taking steps to accomplish my back to school goals, from menu planning to managing the laundry. I am not going to be able to post every day, but I will be sharing new hints, tricks and recipes that I learn, as well as a few that I've forgotten. I do plan on posting websites and links that I have found helpful on my facebook page, so make sure to "Like" me!
I can tell you know that I have searched on Pinterest under "Back to School" and found a few helpful pins. You can try Googling for some links, too.

Please join me on my back to school adventure!

Many Blessings,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Kelly,

    You could have fooled me! I didn't see you as disorganized. But, I'll keep your family and your back-to-school goals on my prayer list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Oh, believe me, I was disorganized! I just play a well organized mama on t.v! Thank you for your prayers, and I'll be praying for you, too.
      Blessings,
      Kelly

      Delete