Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ticking Right Along!

Hey all! Hope you've been enjoying your week! It's been more crazy and hectic around here than I would like, but through it all I knew that the Lord was with me and had His hand upon us. A pump for the outside wood boiler (our source for heat and hot water) broke down this morning, so I had to run into town to get that and I had to make another trip in to get the part for the washing machine. With gas prices, I don't like to make multiple trips, but they needed to be fixed TODAY! I'm very blessed with a brother in law that is a plumber, and who is so kind and willing to help us out with work on the boiler. He came right up and fixed it for us, taking nothing for payment but a loaf of chocolate zucchini bread! My darling hubby fixed the washer after dinner, and shortly after I had a load of laundry running!

Today we're headed over to Water Slide World for a "daycation". The kids are really excited and DH and I looking forward to it, too. Before we go, though, I thought I'd let you know how I'm doing on my weekly to-do list.
  • Amos and Biscuit are at their new home (Thank you Tim and Stacey!)
  • the school supply list has been made easier to check items off of
  • I've cleaned out my Homekeeping Notebook of school info from last year and put the new school year calendar in, complete with "no school" dates highlighted.
  • I've assessed my daily routine, and I need to reconfigure it- more on that in a future post!
  • the run addition is nearly complete- just need gates made and the fencing secured so that we don't have any unwanted critters getting in
  • I made 2 nesting boxes for our girls- they're not pretty (the boxes, not the girls!), but they work!
So that's it for now! Hope you all have great day!
Blessings,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment