Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tackling Tuesday and F.R.O.G.




Greetings this rainy Tuesday. It has not started well for us, but I'm thinking I need an attitude adjustment! Poor Teddy Bear woke up with the tummy bug AGAIN! And Mama woke up with a horrid back ache and not feeling rested at all. Fortunately, I have been blessed with a truly amazing husband who let me stay in bed an extra half an hour with the heating pack, while he got Wheels and Princess their breakfasts, etc. Wheels was a very responsible boy and woke his sister up for Daddy and made his own lunch!

So, I find myself working on tasks other than housework. I have lessons for Children's Church to make up, coloring sheets to look on the web for, info to search for, and a craft for next week to prepare. Then my Mom (the kids call her Mimi) came up to keep an eye on Teddy Bear for me so that I could take a nap with the heating pack. When I woke up, she had done the dishes and folded laundry for me! Again, I am so blessed to have a caring and helpful mother that is always there for me! Teddy Bear hasn't gotten sick since early this morning and is actually on an eating rampage. Good thing I went grocery shopping yesterday!

I've decided to take it easy for the remainder of the day, and besides helping the kiddos with homework and making dinner, I'll probably be working on the computer. I know that if I don't, I won't be good for anything tomorrow. And that can just set me further behind.

One more thing before I go- April is Autism Awareness month, a condition that touches the hearts of our family. Please visit Autismspeaks.org to learn more. Also, April is Frog month! As you may or may not know, there is an acronym for frog meaning Fully Rely On God.  This is not always easy, as we are human and prideful and impatient; however, I think that this is a good month to start remembering F.R.O.G. What in your life are you not fully relying on God for? What is keeping you from doing this and what do you need to do to hand it over? I really encourage you to take some time to do this. And then sit down with your Bible and read about all the times the Lord has shown Himself mighty and faithful. He loves you, and knows what you need, and will see to providing it.

Have a good rest of your Tuesday! Many blessings,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment