Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Musings

Anyone getting sick of the sunrise/sunset pictures yet? I'm sorry, I can't help myself. We are blessed up here on our hill with some beautiful skyscapes. This particular sunset was amazing. It's hard to tell in the pic, but it was as if the sun was shooting one large ray up into the heavens. It didn't come out that well because I was taking the pictures from inside this time.

Well, the kids were off today and it is FREEZING out! Way too cold for playing outside, and it looks as if they could have another snow day from school tomorrow, possibly Wednesday, too. I'm not happy about this. Although I'm looking forward to having some more time with the kiddos, this will be the second time that Teddy Bear's field trip to the science museum will be postponed. Hopefully it won't be cancelled altogether.

So, I'm planning activities for tomorrow (today didn't go exactly as planned!). I'm thinking of replacing the snowflakes in the dining room with heart shaped cutouts for Valentines or maybe snowmen. I'll have to get a vote from the kids. I'm also planning on making homemade bread again, and seriously entertaining the idea of making homemade bread for everyday. We'll see!

I'm also looking for some polar bear type craft activity to do with the kids. Teddy Bear loves his polar bears and has been reading Jan Brett's The Three Snowbears since last Tuesday. We might make a snack to go with our snow theme, though I'm not sure what!

Stay warm and be prepared for the storm if you are here in New England with us! And maybe plan your own snow day fun!
Blessings,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment