Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Quick Update


Hello, Friends! I thought I'd "pop in" for a few quick updates from up here on our hill. The weekend (o.k., well Saturday!) was CRAZY busy, and I'm still working on getting caught up on house work, but I have been working on other things, as well, and trying to help my DH with sugaring. So, here goes! (I find it easier to quick posts in bullets so that I don't get too long winded! ;o)

  • I got the sweet pepper seeds started! Yay!!!!!! They are up on the fridge, hopefully germinating their little hearts out.
  • My DH finished off another 2 quarts and a pint of maple syrup. The grand total for the 2012 season is 4 quarts and a pint. (Of course, we've already eaten a quart of that total!!!)
  • I made a skirt out of a pair of jeans that I was going to re purpose into something less glorious. (Like hot pads for the dining room table!) It turned out beautiful, if I may say so myself, (and I do!) and will be sharing soon.
  • I bought some lettuce and spinach seeds which I hope to get planted either today or tomorrow using a method I read about in "Mother Earth News." (I don't necessarily agree with some of the articles, or even the name of the magazine, but it has been an absolute treasure trove of information for me!)
  • Last night at dinner, I started labeling sticks for our family's Prayer Pail. The child that I thought was going to be the most resistant was actually the one with the most ideas! I'm really looking forward to this part of the day, and praying that the rest of the family will, too.
  • I multi-tasked this morning. (I know, what else is new for a woman!) I folded laundry while watching "Foodmatters" on Netflix. Now, I did not realize that this was a huge site, with products, etc., but I will say that if you are interested in all about eating better for your health, this documentary will really make you think. I recommend it for everyone, but especially those dealing with chronic health issues. I will be posting a more in depth review* at a later (hopefully sooner!) date.
  • When looking into Home Depot for seed starting items, etc., I discovered that Burpee makes seeds and accompanying products with Disney Princesses. My first impulse was to scarf one of each up to bring home to my Princess, but I quickly came to my senses and realized that we could grow flower seeds in a regular (although home decorated version, of course!) seed flat with our own frilly homemade plant markers as we could the cutsie little pink ones that were quite high priced. I did, however, but a packet of the Disney seeds because I'd never seen that variety of flower before and it's beautiful. So Princess and I have a mother/daughter girly gardening project.
  • The injured girls (which are quite recovered) have been integrated back into the flock. They all seem to be getting along so far. It's been less that 24 hours, but I'm praying that we won't need to separate them again anytime soon.
Well, that's all I can come up for for now. Have a lovely day all!
Blessings,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment